Hunter Councils leaders in local government resource sharing
Our members are made up of the eleven local government councils of the Hunter Region. We have been working together for 60 years to ensure the communities in the Hunter benefit from positive cooperation and collaboration.
This has achieved:
- Strong communication between Mayors and General Managers
- Shared professional expertise through staff working groups
- Many inter-council collaborative projects
The goodwill established has underpinned the success of Hunter Councils as the lead organisation in resource sharing Australia wide. With the ever increasing pressure on local government to do more with less, Hunter Councils constantly strives to reduce the cost of “doing business” for local government through offering economies and efficiencies. This has supported the development and growth of the strategic divisions of Hunter Councils:
- Hunter & Central Coast Regional Environmental Management Strategy (HCCREMS)
- Local Government Training Institute (LGTI)
- Regional Procurement
- Leadership & Development Australia (LADA)
- Hunter Records Storage
- Screen Hunter
- Consultancy Services
- Local Government Legal
Our services are also available to non member councils, government agencies and private companies. Not only do we provide access to specialist and economical services but we also provide the opportunity for clients to contribute to the regional community through strengthening the model and reducing the costs of services to local government.